If you need key fob replacement in Philadelphia, PA, you can count on the team at Key On Spot Locksmith. We offer a wide range of key fob replacement services, ensuring that you can get exactly what you need to get back into your property quickly and easily. We understand just how important it is to have a functional key fob, which is why we take our time to ensure that every replacement is done properly.
Lost or damaged your key fob? Don't worry - Key On Spot Locksmith can help!
If you have ever lost or damaged your key fob, you know that it can be a real pain to get a new one. Not only do you have to go through the hassle of dealing with your car dealership, but you also might have to wait for weeks before you get your new key fob. Fortunately, our key fob replacement team can help!
We are experts when it comes to key fob replacement. Our team of expert technicians has the knowledge and equipment to provide you with a reliable and efficient key fob replacement that will have your car functioning again in no time. We understand how crucial it is for you to have your car functioning properly, which is why we strive to provide you with the best service possible. We had the pleasure of working with a client who lost his car keys, key fob included, at work. He called us and we were able to get to him in about 15 minutes, luckily we had a factory fob for his car and we were able to program it in minutes.
What is a key fob anyway?
A key fob is a small, wireless remote control device that can be used to lock and unlock your car doors, as well as activate car alarms. Key fobs generally have buttons on them that allow you to press the button to activate certain functions; for instance, pressing the ‘lock’ button may lock all of the doors on your car.
Types of key fobs
There are many different types of key fobs available, and the one you get will depend on the make and model of your car. Some newer cars may come with a smart key, which allows you to unlock and start the car without actually having to press any buttons. With others, you may need an aftermarket keyless entry system that requires programming to work properly.
We offer a wide range of services for both standard and aftermarket systems, ensuring that all makes and models can be serviced quickly and efficiently. From simple key fob replacement to complicated programming issues, our team is ready to handle it all!
How to go about replacing your key fob
- Determine the type of key fob you have. Check if it is a remote keyless entry system, transponder chip-based system, or proximity-based (smart) key system. This will help to determine what type of replacement parts you need and how much it will cost to replace your key fob.
- Contact your car manufacturer or an auto locksmith specializing in electronic keys to get the specific part number for the replacement key fob that matches your vehicle's make and model. Make sure to provide them with your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Purchase a compatible replacement key fob from either an online store or physical auto parts store. You can also purchase one through a dealership, but it may be more expensive.
- Depending on your vehicle, you may need to have the key fob programmed by a locksmith or auto technician for it to work with your car's security system. If so, refer back to step 2 and ask the locksmith or auto technician what type of programming is necessary to get the new key fob working on your vehicle.
- Once programmed, you can use the replacement key fob as you would any other original key fob. Test out all of its features including locking and unlocking doors and starting your engine before storing it away in a safe place.
So don't wait - contact Key On Spot Locksmith today for all your key fob replacement needs in Philadelphia, PA! We look forward to helping you get back into your car quickly and easily. With our experienced team of technicians and top-notch customer service, you can count on us to get the job done. Contact us now to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment.